Monday, March 16, 2015

RC Soya Sauce Chicken Again (电饭锅豉油鸡) !

It's been a while since I last posted. I have been back from Singapore since 2 weeks ago, on 28 Feb to be exact. Since then I have been busy with my 3 kiddies and cleaning the whole house. Omg, there was so much dirt and dust accumulated during the 1 month I was away. My weekly helper has MIA just before Christmas and the important task of keeping the house spick and span has fallen on my (already hunched) shoulders. I am getting more and more white hairs from the stress and tiredness of running the household. And now I realise my blog is covered with cobwebs too...sob sob, what to do?



This rice cooker soya sauce chicken was done a week ago on 8 March and was posted on my EEWIF facebook page (pls click HERE). I am now posting it in my blog, just to get things into motion. Hopefully I will slowly get back my momentum and inspiration, and update my blog on a more regular basis (the heart is willing but the flesh is weak!). Actually I went on a shopping spree once after Christmas and once after CNY, and I bought myself 1-2-3-4 new kitchen toys to reward myself for being deprived for so many years. Gosh I can't wait to try them all out and post the recipes up here, but all these have to wait until my new helper arrives...god knows when we will be able to get that elusive someone. :S





This is an old recipe that was posted on my blog HERE back in June 2014, and the instructions could be found in my facebook HERE, but I am writing it down so that I won't have a hard time finding it.

Recipe adapted from Alie's Kitchen

Ingredients as follows:
Marinade for the chicken
3 tbsp sugar 
4 tbsp light soya sauce 
4 tbsp ABC kecap manis (dark sweet sticky soya sauce)
1 tbsp dry sherry or chinese cooking wine
1 tbsp sesame oil
4 pieces of ginger and 4 stalks of spring onions to be stuffed in the cavity


Method
For best results, the chicken should be marinated for at least 3 hours in advance. Then place the whole chicken into a non-stick fuzzy logic rice cooker, just press the COOK function for white rice and let it cook for about 1 hour. You may need to press CANCEL and re-press COOK a few times if necessary. You also need to flip the whole chicken at least once so that both top and bottom get equally browned. I flipped the 1st time at 20 min, and a 2nd time at 40 min. I cooked this in my new 10-cup Philips multi-cooker for about 1 hour , previously I had done it in my 5.5 cup Toshiba rice cooker also for 1 hour. If the joints are still a little red, just slit open the joints and let the chicken cook further until the joints are fully cooked. Easy peasy, and I assure you it is really finger-licking-delicious! Note that this chicken is done in a non-stick fuzzy logic cooker, I am not sure if it is possible in a old-fashioned rice cooker. 

7 comments:

  1. 哇。。你好。
    这个看样子好像家里要开party的 pattern了。哈哈哈
    这个作品卖相很棒。like。

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss B,
    Bet that you have had great time spent with family & relatives during CNY in Singapore.
    Other than quick & easy chicken rice, I've never used rice cooker to cook dishes. Your soya sauce chicken looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bee,
    This RC soy sauce chicken sound and look so delicious!
    I guess it will work well with a wok too..hehe
    Would like to try this soon!
    mui

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really, I am Shocked. Why I cant find it Christmas time?. Whatever, Although today I have found it. I will try to make this delicious item.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to tear the chicken with my hands. Looks Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks absolutely mouthwatering...and I love chicken! Thank you so much for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks really good!! I have been neglecting my blog and it is good to come back to see pictures of good food! heehee! =)

    -Huda

    ReplyDelete

Hi,
Thank you for dropping by my blog and taking the time to comment. All feedback and comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave your name (real or nick) if you would like me to answer a recipe question, otherwise all. anonymous questions and comments will be strictly ignored. Anonymity is one of my pet peeves. And any spam or links to adverts will be deleted. Thank you and have a nice day!

Print Button

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails