Tuesday, December 23, 2014

MTR #4 - Christmas Fruit Tree

This christmas fruit tree has been very popularly in the blogosphere lately. When I first came across this idea, I was so attracted to it that I told myself I have to do it with my children, not all of them but the 2 older ones at least. Instead of using carrot and apple as the "pillar", I decided to make good use of a homegrown courgette given by a neighbour which has been sitting in our garage for 2 months! Instead of throwing it away or eating it, why don't I use it as the "pillar"? It was easy for me to poke holes into the courgette but the courgette was so fat that I kind of under-estimated the surface I had to cover and I actually ran out of toothpicks! Next time I must remember to choose a skinny courgette! :)

I asked my 5 year old boy to help me in attaching the fruits and veggies to this christmas tree. He was pretty enthousiastic about this activity since he could eat the fruits at the same time. Those that fell off the tree by accident were immediately picked up by him and off they went into his mouth! It was really a fun bonding activity for both me and my boy, and after snapping photos of the christmas fruit tree, the 2 girls woke up and all three of them got a chance to pluck the fruits and eat them. :)


By the way, the fruits and veggies I chose were: courgette, broccoli, tomatoes, kum quat, mandarin oranges, grapes and kiwi. 

I am submitting this post to "My Treasured Recipes #4 - Ho Ho Ho It's Christmas (Dec 2014)" hosted by myself, Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders and co-hosted by Charmaine of Mimi Bakery House

This post is also linked to "Cook and Celebrate Christmas 2014" organized by Yen from Eat Your Heart Out, Diana from Domestic Goddess Wannabe and Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids.




12 comments:

  1. Hi Ms B,

    I remember seeing this edible Christmas at Aunty Young and also this month Woolworth supermarket promotional magazine... My son said that this is his fav Xmas tree because it is an edible tree. Nothing will be wasted... LOL! :D

    Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zoe,
      Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family too !

      Delete
  2. Hi Miss B,
    So sweet of your boy helps to put up a pretty edible Christmas tree ^-^
    Wishing you and family a blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen,
      Same to you and your family, a blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year!

      Delete
  3. I see few bloggers making this...looks nice. Wish I have time to make it with my son later. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Bee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family, Jozelyn :)

      Delete
  4. 你的水果圣诞树真的很有圣诞气息, 很赞!
    圣诞节快乐!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a healthy edible X'mas tree and great bonding time with your boy too! Bee, have a blessed Christmas and Happy New Year, wishing you a great year ahead too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      Same to you and family, a blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year ! :)

      Delete
  6. Hi Bee,
    That is a awesome Christmas tree. Did you kids eat up all the fruits and veggies? I hope I will have time to try this out next year!
    Merry Christmas to you and family!
    mui

    ReplyDelete

Hi,
Thank you for dropping by my blog and taking the time to comment. All feedback and comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave your name (real or nick) if you would like me to answer a recipe question, otherwise all. anonymous questions and comments will be strictly ignored. Anonymity is one of my pet peeves. And any spam or links to adverts will be deleted. Thank you and have a nice day!

Print Button

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails