Sunday, July 20, 2014

Party Cakes #4 - Blueberry Streusel Cake


This was another 1 of 8 cakes which I baked for my baby's party on 12 July. I have already posted the orange cheddar cheese chiffon cake, the rice cooker blueberry jam cake and the orange butter cake earlier. I still have a few other cakes to post, including my favourite apple crumble tart and belgian rice tart. Alamak, so many backlogs!

This blueberry streusel cake was very well-received by the guests. Although it was a very flat cake (it was not intended to be a tall cake according to Joy Of Baking), it was packed with lots of blueberries, nearly 250 grams! Blueberry is a power fruit which contains lots of anti-oxidants, so I can say this is a very healthy wholesome cake, hopefully it takes away some of the guilt and health-consciousness of eating such pound cakes. :)


Recipe adapted from Joy Of Baking's Blueberry Cake, link with video.


Streusel topping to be sprinkled on top of the cake.

Cake batter.

Assembling the cake - first put some blueberries on top.

Before sending to the oven, sprinkle the streusel topping over the cake.

I followed the full recipe with very minor modifications
- I used 225g (less than 1 pack of 250g) instead of 480g of fresh blueberries. 
- I used a rectangular tin with the same surface area as a 8 inch (20x20cm) square tin as specified by the recipe.
- I baked on the middle shelf at 180C for 40 min, but lowered to 160C for extra 10 min, did not use aluminium foil to cover the cake, total baking time was 50 min.
- Note that the butter for the streusel topping has to be COLD from the fridge. You can use your fingers to do the rubbing-in together with the help of a knife to cut the butter through the flour, or you can use food processor to pulse the butter, flour and sugar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,
Thank you for dropping by my blog and taking the time to comment. All feedback and comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave your name (real or nick) if you would like me to answer a recipe question, otherwise all. anonymous questions and comments will be strictly ignored. Anonymity is one of my pet peeves. And any spam or links to adverts will be deleted. Thank you and have a nice day!

Print Button

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails