Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Hokkaido Wholemeal Milk Loaf (Horlicks Version) / 北海道全麦牛乳面包(好立克版本)


This must be the 3rd time I baked this bread within a month. I shared the recipe for the DDMT Hokkaido Wholemeal Milk Loaf that can do yoga 3 weeks ago, and slightly later I baked another similar version with kaya / coconut egg jam. I must have changed too many ingredients that my 2nd attempt became too crumbly. So for the 3rd time, I decided to experiment with Horlicks using the newly purchased Horlicks I bought from Stonemanor Everberg. This time round, I decided to only change 1 ingredient at one time. I replaced 2 tbsp of milk powder with 2 tbsp of Horlicks.



This is my Horlicks Hokkaido Wholemeal Milk Loaf. It could still do a little yoga. Recipe is from my previous post, just substitute 2 tbsp of milk powder with 2 tbsp of Horlicks. The Horlicks taste was not very obvious but you could taste a little malty flavour. It was very yummy! :)



I am submitting this post to YeastSpotting.

Wanna see other hokkaido breads I have baked? 
- http://everybodyeatswell.blogspot.be/2013/10/hokkaido-milk-loaf-tangzhong-method.html
- http://everybodyeatswell.blogspot.be/2014/05/hokkaido-wholemeal-milk-loaf-that-can.html
- http://everybodyeatswell.blogspot.be/2014/08/hokkaido-milk-loaf-straight-dough.html
http://everybodyeatswell.blogspot.be/2014/09/hokkaido-wholemeal-bread-tangzhong.html





6 comments:

  1. I could see that this bread is still soft with the addition of horlicks, good attempt, Bee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy.. I want a slice... It really looks like it doing yoga, so soft & fluffy:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love horlick! and I love hokkiado bread. Now wondering whether if I increased the horlick will it affect the texture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it will. It will become dryer and more crumbly....

      Delete
    2. Edith, I think if you wish to increase the Horlicks amount, be sure to add 1 to 2 tbsp of additional whipped cream or milk, otherwise it becomes too dry. It may cause the bread to become denser, so if you add in huge quantities, you probably have to increase the yeast a little.

      Delete
  4. Thank you, Jozelyn and Charmaine! Yes, this bread is easy to do in bread machine, just dump everything in and just wait. It is really soft and fluffy considering that it is 100% wholemeal flour. Most wholemeal breads are soft because they are mixed with 50% white bread flour.

    ReplyDelete

Hi,
Thank you for dropping by my blog and taking the time to comment. All feedback and comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave your name (real or nick) if you would like me to answer a recipe question, otherwise all. anonymous questions and comments will be strictly ignored. Anonymity is one of my pet peeves. And any spam or links to adverts will be deleted. Thank you and have a nice day!

Print Button

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails