Sunday, May 4, 2014

Rice Cooker Cake Challenge #2 - What Else Can a Rice Cooker Do?

[Pls click HERE for the Roundup for Rice Cooker Challenge #2].

For those of you who have not heard of our Rice Cooker Cake Challenge #1 or who have not had time to participate in it previously, here is another challenge issued to you for the month of May.

Besides being able to bake cakes, the humble rice cooker is capable of baking breads as well. You don't believe? Just google "rice cooker bread" or "baking bread in rice cooker" and you will see lots of experiments on rice cooker bread baking. Baking breads in the rice cooker may not be the most ideal way of baking breads, since the breads baked in a rice cooker may have a slightly spongy texture and doesn't produce a nice crispy crust. But if you never try, you never know, right?

So, are you game for it? Are you interested to know what else a rice cooker can do?


1) What to bake?
For the 2nd challenge, you are encouraged to bake/cook rice cooker cakes, breads, or even cookies and share your experience online with everybody. For starters, you are advised to first read the FAQ - How to Make Cakes in a Rice Cooker before you start. You may also wish to refer to the Roundup for Rice Cooker Cake Challenge #1, or click on the label "Baking with Rice Cooker" on my blog for some inspiration. Currently I have baked 14 RCC so I am up to RCC #14, just search RCC #1 to RCC #14 on my blog. You can also go to my facebook page where I regularly upload the photos of RCC submitted by readers.

If you still have no idea where to start looking for recipes, drop me an email and I will provide you my secret list of rice cooker baking recipes which is enough for you to keep yourself busy for 1 month or even 1 year, haha. Note that I will only send you the list if you show genuine interest in participating in this challenge. Sharing is caring, right? :)


2) Who can join?
Anybody, whether you have a blog or not, as long as you fulfill the requirements:
- If you have a blog, just blog it and link it to my blog. 
- If you don't have a blog, you can email the photo and recipe to me.
- If you don't have a blog but you have facebook, you can email the photo and recipe to me, and at the same time share it on your facebook and link it to my facebook and my blog. I would appreciate if you can press the "like" button to like my facebook page.

Just email your recipe with the title "RCC Challenge #2" and send to everybodyeatswell[at]gmail[dot]com in the following format:
- Your name or nickname: 
- Your blog name (omit this if you do not have a blog):
- Name of your RCC:
- URL of your post (pls do not give your homepage url):
- URL or attachment of your photo (one photo for each entry):
(If you are attaching a photo in your email, pls limit the photo size to 500kb).


3) How to join?
Step 1 : 
Make a rice cooker cake, bread or cookies between now and 31 May 2014. You may submit more than 1 entry.

Step 2 :
Post it in your blog between now and 31 May 2014
Your post must include the recipe or link to the original recipe. If you are using a recipe from a book, pls include the title and author of the book. 
(Any entries that are posted outside the date range will not be accepted.
Any entries that do not include a recipe or link to the original recipe will not be accepted.)

Step 3 :
Pls share your experience by indicating
the brand and model of your rice cooker, and the capacity (3 cups, 5.5 cups, 8 cups or 10 cups);
how long you took and which function you used, "Cook" or "Bake" function;
did you make any other changes to the recipe (for eg. reduce sugar, add chocolate chips, use oil instead of butter, doubled the recipe)
(Any entries that do not include the sharing of experience will not be accepted.)

Step 4 : Please mention that you are submitting your post to 
"Rice Cooker Cake Challenge #2 - What Else Can a Rice Cooker Do?" hosted by Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders and provide a link back to this post HERE.
(Any entries that do not include the above link will not be accepted.)


If this is the first time you hear about rice cooker cakes, why not take this as a challenge to try out your first rice cooker cake? I look forward to all participating entries! :)


I have another short announcement to make. I have made a resolution to go through all my recipe books and bake some recipes from my own books instead of scouring the internet for recipes and leaving them neglected and covered in dust. I shall call these recipes "My Treasured Recipes" as these are recipe books lugged all the way from Singapore to Belgium. As a start, I will be pairing up with Mimi Bakery House and we will be baking Alex Goh bread and cake recipes in the month of June and July. So if you like Alex Goh's recipes, do mark the dates in your calendar and join us in the blog hop. More details to come later...

9 comments:

  1. Joining! Following one of your recipes! Will blog and email you if it's a success. First time try baking with rice cooker. :)

    Cheers,
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joyce,
      Welcome and thanks! Wish you success in your RCC baking! Btw, i like your steamed cakes/muffins on your blog, have bookmarked them for trying. :)

      Delete
  2. I have yet to try my bread..kekekeke..i shall buck up tis weekend...:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to buck up too, can only bake during weekdays, my weekends are packed :(

      Delete
  3. Hi Miss B,

    I think I will be baking one of the Alex Goh's recipe in June. Can the post be link to other events too?

    Regarding your question about celebration chocolate cake linking at Bake-along, I have sent your question to Joyce and Lena and waiting for them to respond. Cheers!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes of course it can be linked to other events, such as Little Thumbs Up (butter, flour in June and July), Bake-along (chiffon cakes in June) or YeastSpotting if you are making breads. :)

      Delete
    2. Hi Miss B,

      I have checked with Joyce and Lena about your question to link your brownies post with us. We are ok and also prefer if your brownies is chocolate cake-like.

      Cheers!

      Zoe

      Delete
  4. 尊敬的博主,您好

    我们发现您的博客里有特别多美味食谱,我们想把您的博客推荐到我们的网站 www.mytaste.sg。

    我们的网址每天的浏览量有数万人次,并且已经有很多个食谱博客和网站。此外,我们 创建了博客排行榜,那里已经有几百个博主的加入了。我们在我们的网站上推荐了您的博客,用户就能通过我们浏览器找到您的博客。另外,费用问题您完全不用担心,因为我们是一个完全免费的网站。

    将您的博客添加到食谱博客排行榜,自动发表您的食谱在我们的网站。请按照以下步骤操作:
    www.mytaste.sg/jiarubokepaihangbang

    目前我们已经在瑞典、英国、美国、法国等国家有了推广。您想加入我们吗?我们静候佳音。

    诚挚的问候
    --
    王龍 (Oriol)
    Mytaste Site Manager

    URL:www.mytaste.sg
    mail: info@mytaste.sg
    FB: www.facebook.com/mytastesg

    ReplyDelete

Hi,
Thank you for dropping by my blog and taking the time to comment. All feedback and comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave your name (real or nick) if you would like me to answer a recipe question, otherwise all. anonymous questions and comments will be strictly ignored. Anonymity is one of my pet peeves. And any spam or links to adverts will be deleted. Thank you and have a nice day!

Print Button

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails