Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Rice Cooker Cake Challenge #1 - Are You Game for It ?

[The RCC Challenge #1 has ended, pls click here for the roundup.]

Hi Hi, 

I am finally back after 2 months, omg, there is so much dust gathered on my blog! On 25th March, I finally squeezed in some time, in between feeding and changing pampers for my 6-week-old baby girl, to come up with a rice cooker chocolate chiffon cake! Hehe, reminds me of my 1st orange chiffon cake also whipped up in record time 2 months after the birth of my 2nd baby way back in 2012.

During my absence, I have been thinking of how I wanna carry on with this blog. Moving forward, I would have to cut down on the frequency of postings due to family commitments. But there are still so many things that are on my to-do-list, especially rice cooker cakes. However my blog is not just about rice cooker cakes, I also have an avid interest in baking breads, chinese and western pastries, cookies and other interesting bakes. As much as I would like to continue experimenting with my rice cooker, I can't dedicate all my time and effort to baking/cooking cakes in rice cooker.

It is with this thought in mind that I decided to launch a "Rice Cooker Cake Challenge" for those who are interested in baking/cooking rice cooker cakes. This will be a platform to share and learn the "art" of how to bake cakes in a rice cooker. The number of comments and positive feedback for my most popular rice cooker banana cake is an attest to the popularity of rice cooker baking, especially for people who do not own an oven at home. There are so few recipes out there on the internet (whenever I google, somehow I always end up finding my own recipes), but yet there is so much potential in the humble rice cooker. I hope that with the help of the blogging community, we can unleash the full potential of making cakes in the rice cooker. It may not be easy in the beginning, but once you get the hang of it, I assure you that you will be addicted to it, because it is so easy and fuss-free, and the end result is almost always consistent, provided that you use a good recipe of course. 

This Rice Cooker Cake Challenge (RCC Challenge in short) will be a monthly series of "tried-and-tested" cakes submitted by fellow bloggers and non-bloggers alike. We will learn how to make a rice cooker cake once a month based on a specific theme or a specific recipe and the results will be submitted and collated at the start of the next month. I really hope this event will be well-received and we will be able to continue for at least a few months, until we run out of brain juices of course. There will be no rewards for this challenge, the reward will be the recipe(s) itself, how about that for a reward? :)


From left to right, top to bottom: 


1) What to bake?
For the 1st challenge, you are encouraged to bake/cook a rice cooker cake based on my RCC recipes and share your experience online with everybody. For starters, you are advised to first read the FAQ - How to Make Cakes in a Rice Cooker before you start. For those who are experienced, it's not necessary to follow my recipes, you can adapt and improvise, or even submit your own creation wherever possible. Starting from the 2nd challenge onwards, we will attempt new recipes such as chiffon cakes, sponge cakes and even breads.


2) Who can join?
Anybody, whether you have a blog or not, as long as you fulfill the requirements:
- If you have a blog, just blog it and link it to my blog. 
- If you don't have a blog, you can email the photo and recipe to me.
- If you don't have a blog but you have facebook, you can email the photo and recipe to me, and at the same time share it on your facebook and link it to my facebook and my blog. I would appreciate if you can press the "like" button to like my facebook page.

Just email your recipe with the title "RCC Challenge #1" and send to everybodyeatswell[at]gmail[dot]com in the following format:
- Your name or nickname: 
- Your blog name (omit this if you do not have a blog):
- Name of your RCC:
- URL of your post (pls do not give your homepage url):
- URL or attachment of your photo (one photo for each entry):
(If you are attaching a photo in your email, pls limit the photo size to 500kb).


3) How to join?
Step 1 : 
Bake/cook a rice cooker cake between now and 30 April 2014. You may submit more than 1 entry.

Step 2 :
Post it in your blog between now and 30 April 2014
Your post must include the recipe or link to the original recipe. If you are using a recipe from a book, pls include the title and author of the book. 
(Any entries that are posted outside the date range will not be accepted.
Any entries that do not include a recipe or link to the original recipe will not be accepted.)

Step 3 :
Pls share your experience by indicating
- the brand and model of your rice cooker, and the capacity (3 cups, 5.5 cups, 8 cups or 10 cups);
- how long you took and which function you used, "Cook" or "Bake" function;
- did you make any other changes to the recipe (for eg. reduce sugar, add chocolate chips, use oil instead of butter, doubled the recipe)
(Any entries that do not include the sharing of experience will not be accepted.)

Step 4 : Please mention that you are submitting your post to 
"Rice Cooker Cake Challenge #1 - Are You Game for It?" hosted by Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders and provide a link back to this post HERE.
(Any entries that do not include the above link will not be accepted.)


If this is the first time you hear about rice cooker cakes, why not take this as a challenge to try out your first rice cooker cake? I look forward to all participating entries! :)

For those who are interested in co-hosting future RCC Challenge events, do feel free to email me! :)

6 comments:

  1. Hi Miss B, interesting challenge. Hope I can submit one too. Regards and cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ivy,
      Do join if you have the time, I thought you have the same rice cooker as me?

      Delete
  2. Hmm sounds interesting, I should whip up something for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      Welcome and do join the challenge if you can, look forward to your participationl

      Delete
  3. Thank you Ms B for the info. Hopefully, I can make it in time. Just too many things going on lately. Keep my fingers cross.
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete

Hi,
Thank you for dropping by my blog and taking the time to comment. All feedback and comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave your name (real or nick) if you would like me to answer a recipe question, otherwise all. anonymous questions and comments will be strictly ignored. Anonymity is one of my pet peeves. And any spam or links to adverts will be deleted. Thank you and have a nice day!

Print Button

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails