Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Pumpkin Kaya Jam again!

Empty bottle on the left was that of my finished homemade pandan kaya :)

This is my 2nd time doing Pumpkin Kaya Jam, using the same recipe as the one made 2 years ago in September 2011. However the pumpkin kaya jam this time is much thicker due to a different type of pumpkin that I bought from the supermart and I added pandan leaves this time to give it an additional fragrance. Doesn't it look like peanut butter, hehe? I think my previous pumpkin kaya jam looked much better in terms of appearance. :)


Picture of my previous Pumpkin Kaya Jam made in Sept 2011.

My dear son still prefers my homemade 15 min pandan kaya which he can easily finish one bottle per week all by himself, and I have been making it at least 20 times to say the least. He doesn't seem to like pumpkin that much, so I will have to finish this bottle by myself. :)



I am submitting this post to Little Thumbs Up (September ) - Pandan hosted by Josceline of Butter, Flour & Me, organized by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Mui Mui of my little favourite DIY.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Miss B,

    You are right that this kaya looks richer in its texture. Kids and their taste buds can change dramatically as they aged... Today they don't like your kaya, tomorrow they will ask for more... My son can act silly with his food requests :p

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Miss B, great kaya pumpkin! This is so healthy, nutritious and yummy too and with pandan, the aroma is just wonderful. Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Miss B,

    It's me again... replying your query and curiosity. Having difficulties to keep up with events and blogging... Me too and I'm still trying :p

    These cyber bullies are writing nasty remarks about my friend in their blogs and her blog, making her feeling very lousy... Nasty, isn't it?

    Best thing to do... ignore these people! They look silly behaving like these anyway.

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure if you are referring to the same person, but I once saw a very nasty comment about a popular blogger in another lady's blog, I was really shocked. Will pm you later.

      Delete
  4. Visual-wise, it may look a cross between (indeed) peanut butter and Flander's very own speculoos pasta :-) BUT, I'm sure it tasted great. A big thumb UP from me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are right, it does look like speculoos pasta. My son loves speculoos pasta on his bread, but it's not so easy to pull wool over his eyes using this bottle of pumpkin kaya. :)

      Delete
  5. HI Bee,
    I encounter the same thing too, Different pumpkin gives difference texture and colour.
    Your pumpkin kaya looks great, i would love to spread some on my bread..lol
    mui

    ReplyDelete

Hi,
Thank you for dropping by my blog and taking the time to comment. All feedback and comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave your name (real or nick) if you would like me to answer a recipe question, otherwise all. anonymous questions and comments will be strictly ignored. Anonymity is one of my pet peeves. And any spam or links to adverts will be deleted. Thank you and have a nice day!

Print Button

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails