Monday, September 30, 2013

Homemade Pizza #2 - Salami and Smoked Ham Pizza


As promised, this was the 2nd pizza which I made yesterday (Sunday), the salami and smoked ham pizza. I learnt from making my 1st pizza that I had to roll out the dough as thin as possible, at least 30 cm in diameter. So this time round, the crust was thinner than the haiwaiian pizza but it was still quite thick!

Nevertheless, it was yummy with very simple ingredients, 4 round pieces salami and 3 strips of german black forest smoked ham (zwarte woud ham) and some shredded cheese.



You can find the dough recipe in my previous post. As for the fillings, here it is:

Ingredients
some olive oil
some grated cheese 
1 can (70g) of concentrated tomato puree (Benito brand from Colruyt)
4 pieces of salami
4 strips of smoked ham

Method
1. Preheat the oven to 230C or 450F.

2. Place the dough on a cornmeal-dusted pizza stone, pizza pan or cookie sheet. Roll out the dough using a rolling pin to a diameter of at least 30 cm. Roll up the edge slightly to create a ridge around the pizza. (I don't have a pizza stone nor a pizza pan, so I placed the dough on a piece of greased baking paper which I later shoved it onto the metal grill which was then placed into the oven. )

3. Now add the desired fillings. First coat a baking brush with olive oil and brush a thin layer of olive oil on the rollout dough. 

4. Then using the back of a spoon, coat it with a 2nd layer of tomato puree. 

5. Place the slices of salami  and smoked ham on top, then sprinkle a layer of graed cheese on top.

6. Bake in the oven at 230C or 450 F for 15 to 18 min until the crust turns brown. (I baked mine for 15 min.)


I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #35 - A Palate for Pizza (Sept 2013) hosted by Joey of Little Accidents in the Kitchen. 


Small Small Baker/Aspiring Bakers

3 comments:

  1. Been a while since I had a pizza... What about offering a slice to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!

    Your blog has caught our attention because of the quality of the recipes. We would be delighted if you would join us at http://www.everyrecipe.com.au/ so that we could link to them.

    Everyrecipe is a search engine that compiles the best Austrailan cooking sites and blogs from the Internet. Several hundred blogs are already enrolled here and are taking benefit from the traffic we are sending to their sites.
    To join Everyrecipe, just go to http://www.everyrecipe.com.au/add-your-food-blog

    Cheers,
    Elin
    Everyrecipe.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Hi,
Thank you for dropping by my blog and taking the time to comment. All feedback and comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave your name (real or nick) if you would like me to answer a recipe question, otherwise all. anonymous questions and comments will be strictly ignored. Anonymity is one of my pet peeves. And any spam or links to adverts will be deleted. Thank you and have a nice day!

Print Button

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails