Saturday, June 29, 2013

Begedil - Fried Potato Meat Patties (Little Thumbs Up)

I am making a last minute dash for my Little Thumbs Up curry powder/curry paste event, I think mine may well be the last one of the last participating entries! If so, then we would have gathered a total of 68 70 curry-related recipes since 4 June! Thank you everybody for their overwhelming support! I do apologise if I have not dropped by your blog and leave a comment, with myself feeling under the weather and the kids stuck at home all the time these few days, it's really hard to find time for blog-hopping. Well, they will be at home for the next 2 months during summer vacation, so I really have to organize my tasks around them and make sure they are well-entertained, which I means I may have lesser time dedicated to my blog. :S

This is something new which I tried last Thursday. I think it is either Malaysian or Indonesian in origins judging from the name itself. I first steamed the potatoes with skin on, then I fried the minced meat mixture with other ingredients such as onions, carrots, curry powder, salt and pepper. Then I mix the mashed potatoes with the cooked minced meat, shape them into meat patties and fry them in the wok. Sounds easy, actually not! I never like deep-frying, but these potato patties were well worth the effort. My hubby liked them a lot and gobbled quite a few at one go with chilli sauce dip. :)

Recipe is adapted from here.




I am submitting this dish to the Little Thumbs Up event hosted by myself, Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders at this link, organized by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of my little favourite D.I.Y.

5 comments:

  1. these patties looked fantastic... i never fancied frying food as well, makes me hot n sweaty..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Miss B,

    Thanks for organizing this event. This event is a great success for 71 entries! I can always understand that family is always our first priority and blogging come later :p

    Glad that you are enjoying cooking for this event too and your curry potato patties looks very kid-friendly and I reckon they are perfect to munch at summer weather too.

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Miss B, delicious potato patties. Look so addictive, guess hard to stop eating. :))

    Have a wonderful weekend, regards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bee,
    Thank you so much for being such a wonderful host for LTU.
    This round we have 71 yummilicious curry dishes. Like Zoe mention that is such a great success :)

    Wow!! your begedil fried potatoes looks so invinting!
    It looks really delish! Love it!
    Have a wonderful weekend :)
    mui

    ReplyDelete

Hi,
Thank you for dropping by my blog and taking the time to comment. All feedback and comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave your name (real or nick) if you would like me to answer a recipe question, otherwise all. anonymous questions and comments will be strictly ignored. Anonymity is one of my pet peeves. And any spam or links to adverts will be deleted. Thank you and have a nice day!

Print Button

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails