Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Baked Crumbed Chicken with Curry Powder (Little Thumbs Up)



This was a simple oven dish that I made on Tuesday with chicken, corn flakes, breadcrumbs, paprika powder and curry powder.  I remember making this a few years ago, and when I checked my archives, that was indeed 3 years ago at this post. At that time, I added only paprika powder and chilli powder, but this time around, I substituted chilli powder with curry powder. :)

Recipe adapted from my previous post with recalibrated ingredient quantities, as I realised the amount of ingredients for coating the chicken was not enough for 600g of chicken. This dish was not meant to be spicy as I had to cater to the palate of my 2 small kids, if you prefer spicy food, do remember to increase the amount of curry powder or chilli powder.


INGREDIENTS
600g chicken breast, skin removed, cut into 1 cm thick strips
2/3 cup plain flour
4 egg whites, beaten lightly
2.5 cups Kellog's cornflakes, crushed lightly
3/4 cup breadcrumbs
3 level tsp paprika powder
3 level tsp curry powder
1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley or coriander
3/4 to 1 tsp salt to taste
cooking oil spray

Dip
- mayonnaise dip (3/4 cup mayonnaise or plain yoghurt, mix with 1 tsp lemon juice)
- thousand island dressing or cocktail sauce


METHOD

1. Preheat oven to moderately hot (200C).

2. Toss chicken in flour, shake away excess, and coat chicken in egg white. 

3. Combine Kellog's cornflakes, breadcrumbs, paprika powder, curry powder and parsley/coriander together. Adjust the taste with a pinch of salt. Coat chicken in the combined mixture.

4. Place chicken in single layer in a slightly greased oven-proof dish. Cover and refrigerate for 15 min.

5. Spray chicken with cooking oil spray. Bake uncovered in the oven for 20 min or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Meanwhile, prepare the dip in a small bowl.

6. Finally, serve chicken strips with mayo dip (suggestion: a mixed fruit salad of honeydew melon, mangoes, longan to go with this dish).

Smakelijk eten!


I am submitting this dish to the Little Thumbs Up event (curry powder/curry paste) hosted by myself, Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders at this link, and organized by Zoe of Baked for Happy Kids and Doreen of my little favourite D.I.Y.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Miss B,

    This substitution sounds brilliant! Anything that doesn't require frying sounds good to me. I would love to try this recipe :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Miss B, wah, an easy way to enjoy crispy chicken without deep frying. Nice.

    ReplyDelete

Hi,
Thank you for dropping by my blog and taking the time to comment. All feedback and comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave your name (real or nick) if you would like me to answer a recipe question, otherwise all. anonymous questions and comments will be strictly ignored. Anonymity is one of my pet peeves. And any spam or links to adverts will be deleted. Thank you and have a nice day!

Print Button

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails