Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Happy 3rd Anniversary to My Humble Blog!!!

I used to pen down tried-and-tested or yet-to-be-tested recipes in paper notebooks and sometimes on loose sheets of paper, and more often than not, I would forget where I have misplaced them. 

So 3 years ago, on 30 April 2010, I started this humble blog as a way of digitising my tried-and-tested recipes so that I could prevent myself from losing my precious sheets of recipes which would either disappear into oblivion, or torn into pieces by my child(ren). I remember my first 2 blog entries on that day were a Easy No-Bake Tiramisu from a neighbour and a Lasagne dish from a good old friend.


Picture of the chocolate rose cake I baked for my hubby's birthday, came in handy for my blog's 3rd anniversary.

I never thought I would go this far in pursuing my interest in baking, cooking and maintaining my food blog. I never thought I would meet so many fellow blogger friends who share the same interest as me and who would unreservedly share with me their tips and tricks in baking and cooking.  Last but not least, I never thought I would be able to continue my blog after one year. But the truth is, this blog of mine has been on-going for 3 years! After 3 years, I am still at it. Unbelievable!

I am hoping that one day I will be able to pass down my recipes to my children. My mum has never taught me how to cook, she would often chase me away the minute I stepped foot inside her kitchen so that I would not make a mess and a fool of myself in her territory. And it wasn't easy learning how to bake or cook without any guidance from dear mummy who lives so far away in Singapore. I hope this blog serves as a small legacy for my 2 kids, and one day I would be able to ask one or both of them to search for a particular recipe in my blog and bake or cook it the way I described in my blog. Seriously, that's my humble wish for the next 10 years. By that time, his Majesty will be 14 years old and Her Majesty will be 11 years old. It's never too young to start. :)

Is anybody reading my blog? I dunno, I hope so! Will I still be at it after another 3 years? I dunno, I hope so! Am I rambling to myself? I dunno, I hope not! :)

14 comments:

  1. I am a reader. I don't often post, but I do read!
    Congrats on your blog's anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo B,
    Congratulations...
    Time flies and soon another year will pass.
    Love your stories and adventures.So THANKS and keep on posting.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Congratulations! Lang zal ze leven! Hip hip hoera! Having said that, in fact my blog is a month older than yours :-D I wish I have more time to spare to write /post, but I do hop over to other blogs, reading. Yes, I'm reading :-)

      BTW, just emailed you and noticed you have indeed TWO, and a pair ! How nice. Hope to seeing you all soon?

      Delete
  3. Happy belated blog anniversary!

    Coincidently I also made a rose cake for my hubby's birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bee,
    Hope i am not too late to say Happy 3rd blogging anniversary!!
    I have missed some of your posts so i am trying to read all that i have missed..:D
    Hey!! we are a bit alike. I start blogging because i wanted to record down what i have tried and tested too.
    Thank for sharing your thoughts and your wonderful recipes.
    Have a wonderful week ahead.
    mui

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! I am reading your blog now. Link from small small baker to your blog, already bookmark your blog as I find it a good resources for me. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to miss your blog birthday - I've been away from the internet for a while. A very belated happy birthday and I'm catching up with what I've missed now. I certainly hope that you'll still be blogging in another three years.

    ReplyDelete

Hi,
Thank you for dropping by my blog and taking the time to comment. All feedback and comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave your name (real or nick) if you would like me to answer a recipe question, otherwise all. anonymous questions and comments will be strictly ignored. Anonymity is one of my pet peeves. And any spam or links to adverts will be deleted. Thank you and have a nice day!

Print Button

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails