Friday, April 5, 2013

Berry Fruity Tart


This was a strawberry-raspberry tart which I made for hubby's birthday, in addition to the chocolate rose cake. There were quite a few hiccups in making this tart which made me very frustrated. Firstly, the original tart case was too fragile and broke into pieces just like a jigsaw puzzle, as I was about to turn and flip it onto my tart tin. I already followed the instructions and chilled the dough in the fridge before rolling it out, so I wondered what was wrong. But I decided not to give up and I chilled it a second time, still it didn't work. I had to chuck it into the bin and quickly make a second tart case based on my apple crumble tart's recipe.



The second hiccup was due to the pastry cream, I misread the recipe and thought that only 2/3 of the pastry cream was used for a 18 cm tart, so I thought the amount of pastry cream would be enough for a 9-inch (23cm) tart. Actually I kinda suspected it wasn't enough when I was stirring it on the stove, but didn't realise it was so little until I was about to pour it into the pre-baked tart case. I should have made one-and-half-times the portion in order to fill my tart! Something to note if I wanna use the same recipe again the next time. :)


Anyway, it's probably my fault for not reading carefully and adjusting the recipe accordingly. Still I was glad I managed to serve it to the guests despite the many hiccups in baking this tart. Will post the recipe soon...

12 comments:

  1. Despite all the hiccups, you still din give up and finally made a beautiful, rosy berries fruit tart. Pretty, i like it very much:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still on the lookout for a good pastry tart and pastry cream recipe, do you have any to share?

      Delete
    2. Hmmm... you hv Alex Goh's tart recipe? His is not too bad... if u want i will go dig up his recipe.

      Delete
    3. No, I dun think I have his tart recipe. In which book is that recipe in? I only have 2 of his books, Magic Bread and Baking Code. It will be great if you can share it. :)

      Delete
    4. Okok... let me go search for it. I will email to you. Snapshots shld b ok huh??? Hehe:))

      Delete
  2. Very pretty looking berries tart ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Miss B, your berries tart look awesome.

    Have a nice week ahead, regards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Plumleaf, Sri love, Amelia,
    Thanks for all your kind words :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bee,
    I love your berry fruity tart a lot.
    Despite the hiccups, your berry fruity tart look great.
    mui

    ReplyDelete

Hi,
Thank you for dropping by my blog and taking the time to comment. All feedback and comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave your name (real or nick) if you would like me to answer a recipe question, otherwise all. anonymous questions and comments will be strictly ignored. Anonymity is one of my pet peeves. And any spam or links to adverts will be deleted. Thank you and have a nice day!

Print Button

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails