Aspiring Bakers #31 - Bao Ho-Chiak 包好吃 (May 2013)

Looking for the best chinese steamed bun recipe? Here is the Roundup for Aspiring Bakers #31 - Bao Ho-Chiak 包好吃 (May 2013).

And if you are into steaming cakes, don't forget to browse through the Roundup for Aspiring Bakers #25 - Steaming Hot Cakes (Oct 2012).

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Tomates Crevettes / Tomaten met Grijze Garnaaltjes


This is a very typical belgian starter/appetizer that you should try if you have a chance to visit Belgium. Or you can prepare it at home, and I will show you how. This dish "tomatoes with grey shrimps and mayonnaise" is very refreshing and absolutely delicious. It is very easy to prepare, and there is no cooking involved, just cut a hole in the tomatoes and fill them with grey shrimps and mayo, as simple as that.

When hubby saw me preparing this dish, he said, oh you have not prepared this for a very long time. I said, yes indeed, it's a long time since we had this. 

Since it was still snowing and freezing cold despite being the start of spring, I almost didn't feel like making this dish since we normally eat this cold during the hot summer season. But I really needed something quick and easy to serve as dinner, as the 2 kids were chasing each other in the living room, my almost-4-year-old boy was chasing my 1 year old baby girl round the dining table and you could hear them giggling away. 


So, here is the recipe for Tomates Crevettes / Tomaten met Grijze Garnaaltjes. Enjoy!

I am submitting this dish to the Little Thumbs Up event (March: Tomatoes) organized by Mui Mui of my little favorite DIY at this link and Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids.


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Hi Bee,
    Your tomato crevettes looks luscious and indeed very refreshing.
    I am posting a prawn cocktail today. Was wondering this 2 dish
    almost alike, are they cousins..lol

    Glad to that you are linking this to LTU.
    mui

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mui Mui,
      It's my pleasure joining Little Thumbs Up, I am just recycling my old recipes :-)

      Delete
  2. Hi Bee,

    I have never heard of this dish before. Nice to know and learn this lovely tomato appetizer dish from you.

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zoe,
      This is very easy and delicious. But I am not sure whether you can get the north sea grey shrimps in Australia.

      Delete

Hi,
Thank you for dropping by my blog and taking the time to comment. All feedback and comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave your name (real or nick) if you would like me to answer a recipe question, otherwise all. anonymous questions and comments will be strictly ignored. Anonymity is one of my pet peeves. And any spam or links to adverts will be deleted. Thank you and have a nice day!

Print Button

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails