Aspiring Bakers #31 - Bao Ho-Chiak 包好吃 (May 2013)

Looking for the best chinese steamed bun recipe? Here is the Roundup for Aspiring Bakers #31 - Bao Ho-Chiak 包好吃 (May 2013).

And if you are into steaming cakes, don't forget to browse through the Roundup for Aspiring Bakers #25 - Steaming Hot Cakes (Oct 2012).

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Orange Marmalade Roll - revisited

The weather in Belgium has been surprisingly good this week. It feels like summer again, warm and sunny, and you can hear birds chirping away. Though the days are getting shorter, still it is a good reprieve from the terribly wet and cold belgian summer that we have had this year. I thought I would make use of this last stretch of warm weather to make some bread. It is much easier and faster to leave the dough to rise outdoors which is why I much prefer to bake in summer than in winter.

I revisited my orange marmalade roll recipe, one of the first few bread recipes which I attempted last year when I was still
very much a bread idiot. Not that I am an expert now, but I have at least made some progress in my bread-baking skills. I especially like the taste of the sweet marmalade jam coupled with savoury grated cheese. Enjoy it with a cup of hot earl grey tea on a warm autumn day in Belgium. Hmmm, lekker!!!





This post has been submitted to YeastSpotting.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I'd love one of those for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete

Hi,
Thank you for dropping by my blog and taking the time to comment. All feedback and comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave your name (real or nick) if you would like me to answer a recipe question, otherwise all. anonymous questions and comments will be strictly ignored. Anonymity is one of my pet peeves. And any spam or links to adverts will be deleted. Thank you and have a nice day!

Print Button

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails