Monday, September 12, 2011

Bloemencorso Loenhout 2011 (11 September 2011)

DSC_1035DSC_1036DSC_1038DSC_1042DSC_1047DSC_1048
DSC_1051DSC_1054DSC_1058DSC_1059DSC_1064DSC_1068
DSC_1076DSC_1079DSC_1081DSC_1084DSC_1085DSC_1089
DSC_1090DSC_1091DSC_1092DSC_1095DSC_1096DSC_1097
Bloemencorso Loenhout 2011, a set on Flickr.

We went to the Bloemencorso yesterday, the annual flower parade held in Loenhout every second sunday of September. Unfortunately the weather was not as good as Saturday where the temperature soared to 25 degrees celsius or higher. When I look at my photos taken for last year's bloemencorso, the weather seemed to be much better, at least you can catch a glimpse of blue sky with clouds, not like the grey and overcast sky this year.

This year's parade was supposed to start at 2pm, but it started a bit later, since it started to drizzle lightly. The audience all came prepared with raincoats and umbrellas, luckily the rain didn't last for long. It disappeared quickly, and only started to drizzle again when the last flower-carriage appeared. So in a way, we were still lucky with the weather. :)

I didn't manage to squeeze myself into a good position to snap any shots of the kinderwagons. It was really a pity, cos you get to see toddlers and primary school children proudly parading with their cute painted faces and elaborate costumes, and pushing their little flower carriages along. But once I managed to settle myself in a comfortable corner, I took a few photos of the juniorwagons, not all of them, and a series of photos of volwassenenwagons (adult flower carriages).  How I wish the weather could be better, as the photos turn out to be quite dark due to the overcast sky, even though I had tried my best to adjust the aperture and settings of my SLR camera.

For more information on Bloemencorso in Loenhout, you can visit their official website http://www.bloemencorsoloenhout.be/ or my previous post http://everybodyeatswell.blogspot.com/2010/09/bloemencorso-in-loenhout-12-sep-2010.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,
Thank you for dropping by my blog and taking the time to comment. All feedback and comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave your name (real or nick) if you would like me to answer a recipe question, otherwise all. anonymous questions and comments will be strictly ignored. Anonymity is one of my pet peeves. And any spam or links to adverts will be deleted. Thank you and have a nice day!

Print Button

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails