Aspiring Bakers #31 - Bao Ho-Chiak 包好吃 (May 2013)

Looking for the best chinese steamed bun recipe? Here is the Roundup for Aspiring Bakers #31 - Bao Ho-Chiak 包好吃 (May 2013).

And if you are into steaming cakes, don't forget to browse through the Roundup for Aspiring Bakers #25 - Steaming Hot Cakes (Oct 2012).

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Milk Tea Muffin (奶茶马芬)


In a bid to finish off some of my Lipton Forest Fruit teabags (no, they are not expired yet), I decided to give this recipe a try. I personally prefer the previous Coconut Peach Muffin to this Milk Tea Muffin, but still it is a refreshing taste if you are a tea-drinker like me. Try it with earl grey teabags, I think it is worth a good try.
 
Recipe adapted from taiwanese recipe book 《孟老师的100道小蛋糕》

INGREDIENTS
4 teabags *
2 whole eggs
50g milk
120g fine sugar
100g oil
200g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder

* Original recipe calls for using black tea, but you can use earl grey or any flavour of tea which you like. It is a matter of own preference.


METHOD
1. Cut open the teabags to remove the tea powder, add it to the milk and stir it well. Let it stand for 10 min so that the milk tea mixture is well combined.

2. Using an egg beater, beat the eggs and fine sugar together in a big mixing bowl, then add in oil and mix well.

3. Add in the milk tea mixture and mix well.

4. Sieve the flour and baking powder. Add sieved ingredients into the mixture in (3) and mix it gently using the rubber spatula. Do not overmix.

5. Finally, use a tablespoon to scoop the mixture into lined muffin cups until about 80% full.

6. Bake the muffins in a preheated oven at 190C for 25-30 min.

Note: This makes about 12 muffins. I used two "TEFAL" 6-hole muffin pans, of which the diameter of each muffin cup is 6.5cm.

3 comments:

  1. Good to see you back! Muffins look great! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to convert these measurements to cups, but I'm coming up with 1/5 cup (.2 cup) milk. That doesn't seem like enough to me, but would you say that's around how much you used? I don't have any scales so I have to do this the hard way! They sound delicious.

    Just in case, here's what I got for all the other ingredients:

    3/5 cup sugar
    2 1/4 (2.24) cup oil
    1 3/5 cup flour

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sydney

    I am so sorry I couldnt reply to u earlier. Was on holiday when u posted ur question and subsequently fell sick for quite some time...

    50g milk is about 1/4 of a measuring cup. 120g fine sugar is about 7 rounded tbsp, and 200g flour is about 8 rounded tbsp. Try to invest in a baking scale, it will be a good investment if u r keen in baking.

    You may wish to refer to some websites for baking measurements such as
    http://www.dianasdesserts.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/tools.measures/Measures.cfm

    ReplyDelete

Hi,
Thank you for dropping by my blog and taking the time to comment. All feedback and comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave your name (real or nick) if you would like me to answer a recipe question, otherwise all. anonymous questions and comments will be strictly ignored. Anonymity is one of my pet peeves. And any spam or links to adverts will be deleted. Thank you and have a nice day!

Print Button

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails