Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Home-made Lasagne Step by Step

I thought of posting some pictures on how to make lasagne step by step. It has been a regular dish for us during the past 2 years and I had actually posted the recipe when I first started my blog, without any photos of course.

Lasagne may appear daunting to someone who has never attempted it before, but actually it is not that difficult provided you have the right ingredients and follow the right steps. I don't profess to be an expert in any way on italian cuisine, and I hardly cook any italian dishes apart from this lasagne dish and the occasional self-concocted pasta dishes. This lasagne recipe was given to me by a belgian friend of my hubby. I had tasted the dish when we were invited to her house for dinner one night, and it was so 'marvellicious' that I absolutely had to ask for her recipe and try it out myself.

So here are some pictures to help you along, you should be able to get it right the first time if you follow the steps diligently.  :)

See the complete recipe here, courtesy of our belgian friend Inge.

STEP BY STEP METHOD

1. How to make ratatouille :
In a nonstick pot/pan, put some oil/butter, and fry the sliced onions until slightly brown. Add the courgette, followed by canned tomatoes. Flavour with provencaalse herbs. Close lid and simmer over small fire for 15-20min.

2. Preheat oven to 200C.

3. Mix philadelphia cheese with goat cheese and milk in a big bowl using a whisk or spatula. Add a dash of pepper while mixing it thoroughly. Make sure it is of liquid texture with no lumps.

4. In a big oven-proof dish, first place a layer of ratatouille (in step 1) at the bottom, followed by a layer of lasagne leaves (3-4 per layer). The lasagne leaves have to be broken into pieces and the edges must be slightly overlapped with each other. Then sprinkle a layer of ham, finally pour the cheese mixture (in step 3) on top of the ham. Lay the ovendish with the 3 layers in sequence. Just make sure that the uppermost layer is cheese mixture and ham








The ingredients should be able to make 9 layers. For simplicity I am only showing photos up to 6 layers. (Ratatouille => lasagne leaves => cheese mixture with ham => Ratatouille => lasagne leaves => cheese mixture with ham => Ratatouille => lasagne leaves => cheese mixture with ham.)

5. Bake for 45 min at 200C, until the top layer looks crispy and slightly brown, and the cheese sauce is sizzling. (You can see from my last photo that the top layer of lasagne leaves seemed a tad too dry and hard, that was because I ran out of philadelphia cheese and goat cheese for the cheese sauce, so make sure you have enough cheese sauce to cover the top layer completely, otherwise the lasagne leaves may not be fully cooked. Add some more milk to the cheese sauce if necessary. )




If you have another similar recipe which you would like to share, do drop me a note, or if you have tried out my lasagne recipe and would like to give me some feedback, feel free to do so! Smakelijk eten! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,
Thank you for dropping by my blog and taking the time to comment. All feedback and comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave your name (real or nick) if you would like me to answer a recipe question, otherwise all. anonymous questions and comments will be strictly ignored. Anonymity is one of my pet peeves. And any spam or links to adverts will be deleted. Thank you and have a nice day!

Print Button

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails