Aspiring Bakers #31 - Bao Ho-Chiak 包好吃 (May 2013)

Looking for the best chinese steamed bun recipe? Here is the Roundup for Aspiring Bakers #31 - Bao Ho-Chiak 包好吃 (May 2013).

And if you are into steaming cakes, don't forget to browse through the Roundup for Aspiring Bakers #25 - Steaming Hot Cakes (Oct 2012).

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Sesami Buns



I made these buns yesterday, using Alex Goh's sweet bread dough recipe (see here for step-by-step instructions). Just prepare the sweet bread dough, divide the dough into pieces of about 80g each, mould them round and let them rest for 10 min. After 10 min, flatten each and roll it into swiss roll, and further proof for 45-60 min. Finally apply egg wash and sprinkle with some sesami seeds or sunflower seeds, and bake them at 180C for 12-15 min.

The sweet bread dough is quite easy once you get the hang of it, you can do many different buns with it, it is quite versatile and tastes good with or without fillings. The buns were spaced quite far apart but they had risen so much that I ended up having not enough space on the baking pan, so I just left them alone, stuck to each other. I baked these sesami buns with nothing but just egg wash and black and white sesami seeds on top (there were 2 with sunflower seeds also), and they taste really good. :p

This post has been submitted to YeastSpotting.

5 comments:

  1. lol! I know about the stuck together look! I made Red Bean Buns from your sweet bun dough recipe on Monday and had the very same look!
    I was too shame-faced to show them all stuck together as mine were quite ugly. :0p
    Your white sesame ones look almost like an ear of wheat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since they are for home-consumption, so it doesnt really matter how they look as long as they taste good, isnt it? Nowadays I hardly have the time to make my pictures look good anyway, hehehe :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing. I'd tried and they turned out yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      Thanks for your feedback, glad that it turned out well. :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing. I'd tried the recipe and it turned out yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Hi,
Thank you for dropping by my blog and taking the time to comment. All feedback and comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave your name (real or nick) if you would like me to answer a recipe question, otherwise all. anonymous questions and comments will be strictly ignored. Anonymity is one of my pet peeves. And any spam or links to adverts will be deleted. Thank you and have a nice day!

Print Button

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails