1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda (sodium bicarbonate)
3 apples, peeled and cut into cubes
50g sultanas or raisins
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
1. Cream A until light and fluffy.
2. Add B and cream until smooth and light.
3. A little at a time, add C and D alternately and mix until well blended.
4. Boil apple cubes until soft then add the sultanas/raisins and cinnamon powder and mix evenly. Add E into the above batter. Mix until well incorporated.
5. Pour batter into a greased and lined 9 inch cake mould.
6. Bake at 175C for 60min and test with a skewer. It is ready when the skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool. Set aside and serve.
Note: If the butter is too soft, it will not cream properly. The eggs should be added slowly. To make the cake more appetizing, arrange some apple slices on the top of the batter.