Aspiring Bakers #31 - Bao Ho-Chiak 包好吃 (May 2013)

Looking for the best chinese steamed bun recipe? Here is the Roundup for Aspiring Bakers #31 - Bao Ho-Chiak 包好吃 (May 2013).

And if you are into steaming cakes, don't forget to browse through the Roundup for Aspiring Bakers #25 - Steaming Hot Cakes (Oct 2012).

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Apple Yoghurt Cake

I baked this cake last sunday as I had a packet of yoghurt which was gonna expire soon and half a dozen of apples still sitting in my fridge. This recipe was courtesy of my cousin HC. Since she marked a star beside this recipe which she had painstakingly written down (together with a few others) in a little notepad for me when I visited her last CNY, I had to try out the recipe no matter what. It was really a good recipe, I reduced the ingredients by half and baked it in my smallest baking pan, a 7-inch heart shaped baking pan.  


Recipe courtesy of my cousin HC.

INGREDIENTS A
250g butter
230g sugar

INGREDIENTS B
5 eggs

INGREDIENTS C
120ml yoghurt

INGREDIENTS D
350g flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda (sodium bicarbonate)

INGREDIENTS E
3 apples, peeled and cut into cubes
50g sultanas or raisins
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder

METHOD
1. Cream A until light and fluffy.

2. Add B and cream until smooth and light.

3. A little at a time, add C and D alternately and mix until well blended.

4. Boil apple cubes until soft then add the sultanas/raisins and cinnamon powder and mix evenly. Add E into the above batter. Mix until well incorporated.

5. Pour batter into a greased and lined 9 inch cake mould. 

6. Bake at 175C for 60min and test with a skewer. It is ready when the skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool. Set aside and serve.

Note: If the butter is too soft, it will not cream properly. The eggs should be added slowly. To make the cake more appetizing, arrange some apple slices on the top of the batter.

1 comment:

  1. I've not been baking for a long time and looking at this makes my hands itch.

    ReplyDelete

Hi,
Thank you for dropping by my blog and taking the time to comment. All feedback and comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave your name (real or nick) if you would like me to answer a recipe question, otherwise all. anonymous questions and comments will be strictly ignored. Anonymity is one of my pet peeves. And any spam or links to adverts will be deleted. Thank you and have a nice day!

Print Button

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails