I saw this recipe on Kellog's recipe website some time ago and I had always wanted to try it out one day. The original recipe was called "Spicy Crumbed Chicken Strips with Zesty Lemon Dip". I used mayonnaise in place of plain yoghurt for the dip, and hence the title "Spicy Crumbed Chicken Strips with Mayonnaise".
The ingredients are quite simple, and it is really easy to make the dish. A healthy and wholesome dish suitable for adults and kids, suitable as either finger food or main dish. My baby son simply loved it and kept asking for more!
Recipe adapted from here.
600g chicken breast, skin removed, cut into 1 cm thick strips
1/3 cup plain flour
2 egg whites, beaten lightly
1.5 cups Kellog's cornflakes, crushed lightly
1 tbsp paprika powder
1-2 tsp hot chilli powder*
1/3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
a pinch of salt to taste
cooking oil spray
*I used 1 tsp chilli powder as I thought it might be too spicy for the baby. But the taste was really not sharp nor tangy enough. Maybe I should use 2 tsp hot chilli powder for the next time.
3/4 cup mayonnaise or plain yoghurt, mix with 1 tsp lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to moderately hot (200C).
2. Toss chicken in flour, shake away excess, and coat chicken in egg white.
3. Combine Kellog's cornflakes, breadcrumbs, paprika powder, chilli powder and parsley together. Adjust the taste with a pinch of salt. Coat chicken in the combined mixture.
4. Place chicken in single layer in a slightly greased oven-proof dish. Cover and refrigerate for 15 min.
5. Spray chicken with cooking oil spray. Bake uncovered in the oven for 20 min or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Meanwhile, prepare the dip in a small bowl.
6. Finally, serve chicken strips with mayo dip (suggestion: some canned peaches to go with this dish).