Aspiring Bakers #31 - Bao Ho-Chiak 包好吃 (May 2013)

Looking for the best chinese steamed bun recipe? Here is the Roundup for Aspiring Bakers #31 - Bao Ho-Chiak 包好吃 (May 2013).

And if you are into steaming cakes, don't forget to browse through the Roundup for Aspiring Bakers #25 - Steaming Hot Cakes (Oct 2012).

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Sausage Cheese Bread


This was the first time that I made such savoury bread. The result was surprisingly good, thanks to Alex Goh's sweet bread dough recipe. I took a bite of the bread while it was still piping hot from the oven and the verdict was simply delicious : it was soft, with a sweet undertone, plus a savoury taste of sausages and cheese. And the smell of fresh herbs was quite evident too. On hindsight, I should have put in more sausages, more fresh herbs and used cheddar cheese instead of parmesan cheese. Nevermind, I will do it the next time. This recipe will definitely be a keeper!



Adapted from Alex Goh's Magic Bread

INGREDIENTS (makes 13-14 pieces)
1 can of sausages
some fresh rosemary
some fresh thyme
some grated cheddar cheese*
1 beaten egg + 1 tbsp water (egg-wash)

* I used parmesan cheese instead as I don't have cheddar cheese.

METHOD
1. Divide the sweet bread dough into 70g each and mould it into round shape.

2. Let it rest for 10 min, and then roll it flat.

3. Place into a greased pan and let it proof for 45 min.

4. Cut the sausages into small pieces about 4mm thick. Brush the surface with egg-wash and place the sausage slices, rosemary, thyme and grated cheese over the dough.

5. Bake at 190C for 12-15 min in the middle shelve of the oven. 

4 comments:

  1. OMG this looks delicious, I will be making this this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I didn't comment on this yet. The bread looks really pretty. I'm going to add this to my school lunch to make list. I'll tell you how it goes when I make it. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi anonymous and x3baking

    Welcome to my blog! You may wish to add some diced carrots and green peas to the buns, as suggested in the original recipe. And not to forget lots of grated cheddar cheese & sausages, I think I didn't add enough :)

    Do let me know how it turns out for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, this is Diana from TasteSpotting!

    Love this idea for jazzing up bread! Have you thought about submitting the recipe for the $1000 grand prize in TasteSpotting’s Johnsonville Sausage recipe contest? You can find out more details here – http://www.tastespotting.com/features/sausagespotting-win-1500-dollars-johnsonville-recipe-contest

    Would love to have you participate – cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Hi,
Thank you for dropping by my blog and taking the time to comment. All feedback and comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave your name (real or nick) if you would like me to answer a recipe question, otherwise all. anonymous questions and comments will be strictly ignored. Anonymity is one of my pet peeves. And any spam or links to adverts will be deleted. Thank you and have a nice day!

Print Button

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails