Monday, September 6, 2010

Beer Spotting 3 - Rodenbach and Orval


My beer-spotting weekend post was put on a hiatus for the past few months, (after my first 2 posts on Postel and Westmalle Tripel),  largely due to plain laziness. In case anybody thinks my beer-spotting "adventures'' are just a flash in the pan, well here's some photos of what me and my hubby usually order in a cafe. 

I always invariably order a Rodenbach. Women are boring and they don't change their choices once they find a good one. That really describes me to a T. Rodenbach is my favourite belgian beer, and I have drank it countless times and used it also in one of my rabbit stews. Rodenbach has a fruity undertone, reminiscent of red wine, but not overpoweringly sweet like cherry beers such as kriek. In fact Rodenbach is not a fruity beer, I would classify the taste more towards that of red wine.

My hubby would, most often than not, stick to either a pintje or an Orval (Pintje is the term for a draft beer in Belgium, the -je suffix after the 'pint' is actually a diminutive which is often seen in the dutch language. The dutch people don't call it a pintje though, so this endearing term is really local to the belgian people)

The 3rd beer on the left was either a Leffe Blond or Leffe Brown. I remember clearly this was the time when we accompanied "ambitious cloud" (a friend who came to visit us from Singapore) to a cafe near our house and we ordered 3 beers. I recommended her a Rodenbach while I had a Leffe instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,
Thank you for dropping by my blog and taking the time to comment. All feedback and comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave your name (real or nick) if you would like me to answer a recipe question, otherwise all. anonymous questions and comments will be strictly ignored. Anonymity is one of my pet peeves. And any spam or links to adverts will be deleted. Thank you and have a nice day!

Print Button

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails