9 August is Singapore's National Day. Here is wishing Singapore a very Happy Birthday!!! Let's celebrate Singapore's National Day with some freshly made strawberry mousse....yummy yummy. :)
Recipe adapted from "Everybody Eats Well in Belgium" by Ruth Van Waerebeek
INGREDIENTS (4 servings)
500g strawberries, hulled & sliced
2 tbsp granulated sugar
1 tbsp kirsch or Grand Marnier*
50g confectioners' sugar/icing sugar
1.25 cup heavy or whipping cream
* can be replaced with rum.
1. First make sure the strawberries are hulled (remove the green leafy top) and sliced. Place half the strawberries in a bowl and sprinkle with granulated sugar and kirsch. Let macerate for 15 min.
2. Puree the remaining strawberries together with the confectioners' sugar in a blender.
3. Whip the cream to stiff peaks. Reserve a quarter of the whipped cream for garnish and refrigerate. Carefully fold the remaining cream into the pureed strawberries.
4. Arrange the macerated strawberries in 4 balloon shaped wine glasses, reserving a few strawberry slices for garnish. Fill the glasses with the strawberry cream, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a few hours.
5. (Optional) Pipe the reserved whipped cream through a pastry bag fitted with a star tip over the mousse and decorate with the remaining sliced strawberries.
Variation : Substitute an equal amount of raspberries for strawberries.