Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Chilli Prawns



I made this chilli prawn dish (辣椒虾)today, added some "ABC" extra-hot chilli sauce. It was so spicy that my hubby said he can literally spew fire. So we had a fire-spewing dragon at home! Guess it was too spicy for him, I personally felt that it was spicy too. But I only have 1 type of chilli sauce at home, and it happened to be "extra-hot", guess I should have reduced the chilli sauce and upped the ketchup instead for this recipe.

For those who love chilli prawns, here is the recipe I adapted from Violet Fenying. (Her recipe blog has ceased to exist since Mar 2010).

(Serving for 3 persons)

Ingredients A (chopped)
Garlic : 6 cloves
Ginger: 2 slices
Red Chilli : 2 pieces

Ingredients B
Prawns : 600g (shelled)

Ingredients C (mix well)
Chilli sauce : 2 tbsp
Ketchup : 3 tbsp
White pepper : ¼ tsp
Oyster sauce : 2 tbsp
Sesame oil : ½ tbsp
Vinegar : 1 tbsp
Sugar : 1 tbsp
Water : ½ cup

Ingredients D (mix well)
Corn flour : 1 tbsp
Water : 2 tbsp

Ingredient E
Egg : 1

Ingredient F
Spring onion : own preference

METHOD
1. Heat up 3 tbsp of oil,  sauté Ingredients A till fragrant.

2. Toss in prawns, stir fry till fragrant.

3. Pour in Ingredients C, mix well.

4. Add in Ingredients D to thicken the sauce.

5. Stir in egg, mix well.

6. (Optional) Add spring onion, stir well, dish up and serve.

At the same time, I also did a quick stir-fry with whatever vegetables I could rummage from my fridge. Beans, carrots and courgette basically plus some minced garlic and shreds of ginger. Seasoned with a pinch of salt & sugar, soya sauce, oyster sauce and rice wine. Fry here fry there, and voila, the 2 dishes were ready simultaneously in 5 minutes time. I am glad that I have become more efficient over time. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,
Thank you for dropping by my blog and taking the time to comment. All feedback and comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave your name (real or nick) if you would like me to answer a recipe question, otherwise all. anonymous questions and comments will be strictly ignored. Anonymity is one of my pet peeves. And any spam or links to adverts will be deleted. Thank you and have a nice day!

Print Button

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails