Friday, July 30, 2010

Exams are over and I am back

It seemed ages since I last updated my blog. I have been MIA for 3 weeks or so, millions of apologies for my absence. I had enrolled myself for the Dutch Level 3 summer course at the university. It was really a super-ultra-intensive-brain-burning-kamikaze language crash course, they called it a "taalbad", meaning a "language bath". Yah, you either swim in it or sink in it. There were 3 weeks of lessons, 5 days a week from 9am to 4pm, with the exception of Wednesday and Friday which were half-days. At the end of the 3 weeks, I had to take an oral exam, a listening exam, a comprehension exam and a written exam. And if you fail one, you fail everything. Anyway, I managed to "crash" myself through this crash course, a lot of white hairs popped out, and a lot of brain cells were burnt, but I miraculously SURVIVED.  Phew! :)

Now back to my normal and peaceful day-to-day life. Life without stress and exams. I have a lot of backlogs to clear. Recipe backlogs i mean. There are so many recipes that I want to try out but they are still lying on the table. You see, I am a fervent reader of the local newspaper Gazette Van Antwerpen, and they have been publishing recipes by michelin-star chefs for the whole of this summer. Readers would write in to the newspaper to request their favourite chef to come to their house and cook up a storm (literally) using whatever ingredients available in their fridge. Alles gratis. All for free. Sounds interesting huh? Indeed, I have been faithfully cutting out recipes and so far I have collected 44 recipes since 7 July, an average of 2 recipes were published per day. Do I sound more and more like a housewife? You bet :)

There is also a bit of tidying up to do in my little vegetable garden. Everything has been neglected in the last 3 weeks. I finally harvested my courgette and I used it in making lasagne. It is my one and only courgette, it seems the plant is not growing anymore. The plant is exhausted after producing just one fruit. My dear courgette plant, R.I.P. 
Amen.



The pumpkin plant on the other hand is growing very well. So far I spotted 3 pumpkin fruits, they are still only the size of an orange. I have to wait til they grow to the size of a basketball before I harvest them. 



Maybe I should place the pumpkin beside His Majesty and see how much he has grown for the past 1 year. We did that last year with a 7 kg pumpkin, and he was only 5+ kg then. Now he is 10+ kg and I do my weight-lifting with him everyday. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,
Thank you for dropping by my blog and taking the time to comment. All feedback and comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave your name (real or nick) if you would like me to answer a recipe question, otherwise all. anonymous questions and comments will be strictly ignored. Anonymity is one of my pet peeves. And any spam or links to adverts will be deleted. Thank you and have a nice day!

Print Button

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails