I finally got around to writing my first food blog. Hip Hip Hooray !!! Here it is, a super-easy version of Tiramisu. I call it the Easy No-Bake Tiramisu, courtesy of my buurvrouw (neighbour in Dutch). It is super easy and very delicious too. Try it and let me know :)
- 2 big cups of cold, strong coffee (3 tsp instant coffee powder each)
- 250g mascapone cheese
- 200g boudoirs (about 26 pieces for 2 layers)
- 2 egg whites
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- 3 tbsp amaretto (to be added to coffee)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder (to dust)
1. Mix mascapone cheese with egg yolks and icing sugar in a glass bowl and use a handwhisk to whisk until smooth.
2. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites using an electric whisk until soft peaks form.
3. Mix the egg white with the egg yolk + cheese mixture and mix well for 1 min using a hand whisk.
4. Dip the boudoirs, one by one, in cold coffee mixed with amaretto.
5. Prepare a rectangular glass dish, and line the 1st layer of boudoirs, then followed by a layer of the cheese mixture from step (3). Repeat with another layer of boudoirs, followed by a layer of cheese mixture.
6. Cover with aluminium foil and place in the fridge for min 4 hours or even overnight.
7. Dust a thin layer of cocoa powder on top (using a sieve) before serving.
Smakelijk eten !